Health Professions Advising
What is Health Professions Advising?
Health Professions Advising encompasses a range of services offered through the Center for Student Success to enhance the experiences of LMU students who aspire to attend a health professional school.
Our intention is to support LMU students that are committed to lives of meaning and purpose who wish to serve the public, promote health and improve healthcare for all. We encourage students to integrate into their academic plan, skills and competencies that will help them become life-long learners.
Our services and activities include:
- Workshops, seminars, interview prep, Committee Letters, and trainings
- Mentorship opportunities
- Guest speakers from various health professional schools throughout the country
- Referrals to health professionals in the community for clinical exposure, research and mentorship
- Guidance in applying to health professional schools
- Formalized application evaluations for students applying to medical and dental student
Making an Appointment:
Advising for Spring 2018:
To meet with the Health Professions Advisor, Courtney Klipp, you can either email email@example.com to set up an appointment, or come by her open office hours in North Hall 103 on Tuesdays 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and Wednesdays 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
To meet with Gregory James from Career and Professional Development for Health Professions, you can either schedule the appointment through Handshake or come to his open office hours in North Hall 103 on Tuesdays from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. (Please note that every student is already registered in Handshake, students just need to activate their account at lmu.joinhandshake.com.)