All applicants must possess a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree or undergraduate engineering degree, which shall include:
- General Chemistry 3 semester hours (1 course)
- Mathematics through one year of college calculus
- Total all science — 12 semester hours or 4 courses, which could include biology, microbiology, chemistry, or physics.
Applicants with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) or other undergraduate degree may be considered if the applicant has the above course work completed prior to applying.
Applicants with an undergraduate engineering degree from an ABET-accredited institution, upon acceptance by the Department, will be admitted to the Master of Science in Engineering in Civil Engineering Program (Water Resources Engineering or Environmental Engineering at the Applicant’s option). Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate engineering degree, upon acceptance by the Department, will be admitted to the Master of Science in Environmental Science Program.
The Department may require new applicants who lack an adequate background in mathematics, chemistry, or science to take additional courses prior to being admitted to or continuing in the program.
The Applicant shall submit:
- A completed application form and $50 application fee
- Two (2) Official transcripts of all schools attended since high school
- A brief letter of intent (approximately 1.5 pages)
- Two letters of reference, at least one of which attests to the applicant’s previous academic performance and ability to succeed in the program. The other may be a professional reference. For Applicants graduating more than 5 years ago, both references may attest to the Applicant’s professional performance and ability to succeed in the graduate program.
Admission into the program is in strict conformity with the requirements for all graduate students. Upon review of the student’s undergraduate and professional preparation, additional admission requirements may be set by the Graduate Program Director of the Civil Engineering and Environmental Science Department.