Certificate in Systems Engineering
The graduate certificate in Systems Engineering is a convenient program for the engineers desiring to acquire the fundamentals of Systems Engineering without the commitment to a full degree program. Upon completion of the certificate program with the GPA of "B" or better the student may re-apply for the M.S. degree in Systems Engineering and have the courses completed for the certificate credited towards the M.S. degree.
- Application to Graduate Admissions and a $50 application fee. To apply online, visit http://graduate.lmu.edu.
- Transcript with B.S. or equivalent degree (GPA of 3.0* or better) from an accredited university program
- Brief personal statement discussing how the graduate program fits the applicant's career goals
- If the applicant's GPA is below 3.0, also submit two letters of recommendation from past professors or current employer.
Promising applicants who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered for conditional admission and, when so admitted, must demonstrate satisfactory performance during their first year in the program.
Completion of the following three courses (9 semester hours):
- SELP 500 Systems Engineering 3 semester hours
- SELP 510 Project Management 3 semester hours
- SELP 530 Lean Thinking 3 semester hours
The student can complete the certificate program in one year taking one course per semester including summer. Registering into the courses is the student's responsibility.