The Mission of LMU Healthcare Systems Engineering (HSE) Master's Degree Program is:
1) To serve the healthcare industry with innovative comprehensive education in systems-based healthcare operations management, enabling our graduates for successful professions throughout healthcare. Potential applications include: clinical and operational management within hospitals, clinics, radiology and clinical laboratories, pharmacies, emergency departments, operating rooms, healthcare enterprise IT systems; as well as industry initiatives such as lifecycle patient wellness and population health, telemedicine, health delivery systems, and medical device systems.
2) To integrate academic training with industry application, through effective partnerships with nationally recognized faculty from LMU, Kaiser Permanente, UCLA Health and other healthcare organizations, who deliver exciting and important curriculum, as well as student projects, internships and industry connections.
3) To equip graduates with industry-leading knowledge in health systems engineering, systems-enhanced lean management, and project management, providing management skills that enables graduates to effectively lead systems-based change initiatives within the healthcare setting.
4) To assure continued program excellence and industry relevance with nationally recognized experts serving on the HSE Board of Advisors.
5) To serve our students, graduates and the industry with opportunities to enhance ethical healthcare using resources of the renown LMU Bioethics Institute.