Michael Kanter, M.D., CPPS, Regional Medical Director of Quality & Clinical Analysis, Southern California Permanente Medical Group
Executive Vice President,Chief Quality Officer,The Permanente Federation
He is responsible for the national coordination and support of
- medical care programs
- quality assessment and improvement
- technology assessment
- clinical practice guideline development
- population care management
- member health education
- continuing and graduate medical education
- and clinical research activities for the Southern California Region of Kaiser Permanente, which serves 3.5 million members.
- Dr. Kanter joined SCPMG as a pathologist at the West Los Angeles Medical Center in 1984.
- Dr. Kanter received a B.S. Degree in 1976 in cybernetics from UCLA and his M.D. from the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine in 1980.
- He’s board certified in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology.
- He has authored multiple publications in peer reviewed journals
- and is a frequent speaker on health care systems at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement meetings.