MS Degree Program in Systems Engineering (MS-SE)
All applicants must submit:
- Application to Graduate Admissions and a $50 application fee. To apply online, visit http://graduate.lmu.edu
- A transcript documenting the Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an ABET accredited program with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Three or more years of related work experience
- Three letters of recommendation
- Essay discussing how the MS in SE fits into applicant's career development
Promising applicants who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered for conditional admission and, when so admitted, must demonstrate satisfactory performance during their first year in the program.
The overall minimum GPA required for graduation is 3.0. Students who receive a grade of less than "B" in any 500-level course or a grade of less than "C" in any 600-level course will not have the course count toward their degree.
The requirement for the MS in Systems Engineering degree is 11 courses, as follows:
- SELP 500 Systems Engineering 3 semester hours
- SELP 510 Project Management 3 semester hours
- SELP 520 Engineering Ethics and Communications 3 semester hours
- SELP 530 Lean Thinking 3 semester hours
- SELP 550 Systems Architecting 3 semester hours
- SELP 600 Advanced Systems Engineering 3 semester hours
- SELP 640 Model Based Systems Engineering 3 semester hours
- SELP 695 Systems Engineering Integrative Project/Thesis 3 TO 6 semester hours
Three Electives to be selected from the following courses:
- SELP 540 Systems Thinking 3 semester hours
- SELP 560 Integration of Hybrid Hardware and Software Systems 3 semester hours
- SELP 598 Special Studies 1 TO 3 semester hours
- SELP 610 Advanced Program Leadership 3 semester hours
- SELP 620 Quality 3 semester hours
- SELP 630 Advanced Lean Management of Engineering Programs 3 semester hours
- SELP 650 IT and Software Project Management for Systems Engineers 3 semester hours
- SELP 660 Cyber Security 3 semester hours
- SELP 668 Modeling and Analysis 3 semester hours
- SELP 670 Spacecraft Design 3 semester hours
- SELP 673 New Product Design and Development 3 semester hours
- SELP 691 Systems Engineering Case Studies 3 semester hours
- SELP 692 Systems Engineering Seminar 3 semester hours
- SELP 699 Independent Studies 1 to 3 semester hours
Electives are scheduled only if a sufficient number of students sign up. With the approval of the Director, the above curriculum can be adjusted to meet the student's individual educational needs.
The student completing successfully two courses each Fall and Spring semester, and taking summer courses, can earn the MS degree in two years.
Registering into the courses is the student's responsibility. A student is expected to make reasonable progress toward the degrees to remain in good standing at the University. A full-time course load is considered to be two courses in each the Fall and Spring semesters.