Health Professions Advising encompasses a range of services offered through the Center for Student Success to enhance the experiences of LMU students who aspire to attend a health professional school.
Our intention is to support LMU students that are committed to lives of meaning and purpose who wish to serve the public, promote health and improve healthcare for all. We encourage students to integrate into their academic plan, skills and competencies that will help them become life-long learners.
Our services and activities include:
- Workshops, seminars, interview prep, committee letters, and trainings
- Mentorship opportunities
- Guest speakers from various health professional schools throughout the country
- Referrals to health professionals in the community for clinical exposure, research and mentorship
- Guidance in applying to health professional schools
- Formalized application evaluations for students applying to medical and dental schools
Virtual One-on-One Appointments
The Health Professions Advisor, Courtney Klipp, will host virtual drop-in office hours for the fall 2020 semester. They are scheduled every Tuesday from 10am-12pm PST and every Wednesday from 3pm-5pm PST. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom information.
To meet with Gregory James from Career and Professional Development for Health Professions, schedule the appointment through Handshake. (Please note that every student is already registered in Handshake, students just need to activate their account at lmu.joinhandshake.com.)