Click here to access program application: McNair Scholar Application
APPLICATION WINDOW IS NOW OPEN (to begin the program in Summer 2018) for first-generation, low-income students who have a target graduation date of either May 2020 or December 2020.
What you will need to submit (at the link above) in order to apply:
- 500 word essay regarding your academic interests, long range academic goals, research experience, professional plans, and goals
- Most recent tax forms for the person that claims you as a dependent
- References: The names of two LMU professors (not letters of recommendation)
- List faculty at LMU with whom you would be interested in doing research
Benefits of the LMU McNair Scholars Program:
- Academic and personal support of the McNair faculty advisors
- GRE preparation course and reduced fees for GRE general exam and subject tests
- Funding to travel and present at research conferences
- Identification of and participation in 8-10 week summer research opportunities at LMU and elsewhere; housing, travel, and stipends are often provided
- Advising and assistance in identifying, applying, gaining admission, and securing financial aid for graduate school
Prior to applying, please be sure to refer to the eligibility requirements.