The graduate certificate programs in Civil Engineering are offered to City of Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering Management employees seeking to acquire environmental engineering fundamentals without commitment to a full Master's degree program. Four certificates are currently offered, each requiring three courses.
To obtain a certificate, students must complete the required courses with a 3.0 grade point average or better on a four-point scale. Upon completion of one of more certificates, the student may formally apply and enroll (pending acceptance) into the Master of Science programs in Civil Engineering or Environmental Science, and all courses completed toward the certificates will be applied towards the Master's degree.
- CIVL 640 Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering (3 semester hours)
- CIVL 611 Water Reuse and Desalination (3 semester hours) or
- CIVL 612 Advanced Integrated Water Treatment Systems (3 semester hours)
- B.S. or higher degree in any engineering discipline or consent of the program director
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae and/or a one-paragraph professional biography