Why study MSCE at LMU?
- Our modern and professionally relevant courses focus on sustainability and are taught by faculty distinguished in both academia and in industry.
- Courses are offered in the evening to accommodate both full‐time students and working professionals and the programs can be completed in as short as one year.
- Students are exposed to a balance of the latest advances and innovations in both practice and applied research.
- Our graduates are provided with enhanced career opportunities, shortened paths to management and leadership positions, and increased salaries.
- Small class sizes foster a collaborative community environment and personalized experiences.
- Our programs benefit from a mix of professional scientists and engineers who are working fulltime and students who are performing research towards a master's thesis.
- Students have the flexibility to customize a study plan tailored to meet their professional and academic goals.
- Students with non‐engineering undergraduate degrees can earn a Master's in Civil Engineering upon passing the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination and completing the required coursework.
- Students have the option to earn a Master of Science in either Civil Engineering by performing a master's thesis with a reduced course load.
"The Civil Engineering program here was very applicable to my background. I came from the waste water industry. The program here was just so focused on waste water management and treatment that I felt was really just a good fit for me. It helped me a lot."
Michelle Kim, MS'11
"Loyola Marymount's Civil Engineering program is one of the only programs being offered in the LA area that allows you to work and pursue your degree at the same time."
Brianna Pagan, MS'15