This program is designed for LMU students to receive a combined B.S. and M.S.E. degree by continuing their studies in LMU’s masters programs, immediately following their B.S. degree. The program allows students to complete the M.S.E. degree in one year.
Only LMU students in senior year of Electrical Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or greater are eligible to apply. The deadline for application is one month prior to completing all undergraduate requirements. Students can enter this program any term immediately following completion of their undergraduate degree requirements. The candidate for the combined B.S./M.S.E. degree must satisfy the following requirements:
- One Seaver College 500 level course taken as an undergraduate may count toward the M.S.E. degree. This course can be double counted for the B.S. degree and the M.S.E. degree. The student is required to complete 27 additional units after earning the B.S. degree.
- In addition, for an admitted student, an extra Seaver College 500 level course may be taken in their senior year that counts towards the M.S.E. degree, and not the B.S. degree. This potentially reduces the total number of additional units after earning the B.S. degree to 24.
- The student should take two 500- or 600-level courses during summer following senior year.
- Complete ELEC 532 Probability and Random Processes and two ELEC 600-level courses during fall following senior year.
- Complete ELEC 521 Introduction to Communication Systems, ELEC-584 Microprocessors, and ELEC 694 Graduate Capstone Project during spring following senior year. If ELEC-584 Microprocessors was completed in the undergraduate program, the student should then register an ELEC 500- or 600-lever course instead.
- 500-level courses already completed for the B.S. degree cannot be retaken.
- The student may select the thesis option with consent from the academic advisor and graduate program director.