This certificate program aims to develop skills in and understanding of the development of new technologies that take advantage of the Internet of Things. Students will first work wireless device connectivity using radio transceivers, sensors, and microcontrollers. Students will then be introduced to internetworking protocols and the cloud, computer programming using these protocols, and wired networks of Raspberry-Pi computers. The last course will consist of the development of a final product in which all programming and hardware skills of previous courses will be applied. Cybersecurity aspects of the Internet of Things will also be covered in the last two courses as well as fog and edge computing.
- B.S. degree or higher in any engineering discipline or consent of the program director
- Basic programming (e.g., Matlab, C, C++, Java, Python)
To start the application process, please fill out the Graduate Admissions Application.
To obtain a certificate, students must complete the required courses with a 3.0 grade point average or better.
- ELEC 680 – Wireless Sensor Networks (Fall 2019)
- ELEC 572 – Computer Networks and Socket Programming (Spring 2020)
- ELEC 681 – Internet of Things (Summer 2020)