Why choose to Earn a Master of Science degree in Systems Engineering at LMU?
Loyola Marymount University, located near Silicon Beach, home of major tech and creative companies, offers an advanced engineering education taught by faculty with extensive industry experience empowers students to change career trajectories. Small class sizes allow for significant peer-to-peer and faculty interactions.
- One unique program with three areas of study: systems engineering, engineering management, and a technical focus of your choice
- Real-world application of curriculum through your capstone project
- Technical focus pathways available in systems engineering, engineering management, aeronautics and space systems, mechanical, electrical, civil engineering, software architecture, and cyber security, to cater to students' areas of interest
- Dual degree option with the College of Business Administration (MSSE and MBA)
- Specialized certificates without full master's degree commitment, including systems engineering, engineering management, cybersecurity and software architecture
- Research option to complete either a capstone or thesis project
- Earn your degree in as little as 1.5 years
- Fully interactive remote learning and evening classes to accommodate the schedule of working professionals
- Rolling admissions allow students to apply and enter the program throughout the year
Students in this program are motivated to gain the skills and credentials necessary to propel them forward in their careers.
Graduates of the program will become strategic leaders with the ability to:
- Apply the fundamental principles of systems engineering to complex problems
- Become leaders of innovative technology projects and businesses
- Develop multidisciplinary skills to architect, design, and manage complex systems throughout their life cycle
- Apply principles of project management and lean engineering to improve operational efficiency
- Develop technical skills to model, analyze, and design integrated engineering systems
Join MSSE alumni in obtaining the engineering job of your dreams!
"The master's in systems engineering degree from LMU game me the skills and credibility to lead the systems engineering effort for a variety of engineering projects ... and taught me to confidently guide a team of engineers through design, build, and test phases with a focus on lean engineering principles, agile requirements management, and designing for testability."