Seaver College Learning Communities
The iSTEM Learning Community kicks off this fall 2020 for all first-year students! Joining any first-year learning community is an important step in your LMU Seaver College experience. Learning communities bring together a small group of students that share common academic and co-curricular experiences, organized around a common theme. Students in Seaver’s learning communities say the learning communities helped with a smoother transition to college, with making new friends, with developing stronger academic confidence, with boosting academic performance and more.
Seaver College offers five learning communities for first-year science and engineering students to immerse themselves in campus life alongside peers pursuing the same academic goals.
- ACCESS: A Community Committed to Excellence in Scientific Scholarship
- Google CSSI: Google's Computer Science Summer Institute Extension Program
- iSTEM Community: interdisciplinary Seaver Transition, Engagement and Mentoring in STEM (Launching this fall 2020!)
Living-learning Communities (all will transition to remote learning communities for Fall 2020):
- LEAP: Life Science Early Awareness Program for science majors
- PEEC: Program for an Engineering Education Community for engineering majors
Find the application in the Future Lions student portal.