Seaver College Learning Communities
Joining any first-year learning community is an important step in your LMU Seaver College experience. Learning communities bring together a small group of students that share common academic and co-curricular experiences, organized around a common theme. Students in Seaver’s learning communities say the learning communities helped with a smoother transition to college, with making new friends, with developing stronger academic confidence, with boosting academic performance and more.
Seaver College offers five learning communities for first-year science and engineering students to immerse themselves in campus life alongside peers pursuing the same academic goals.
- ACCESS: A Community Committed to Excellence in Scientific Scholarship
- Google CSSI: Google's Computer Science Summer Institute Extension Program
- iSTEM Community: interdisciplinary Seaver Transition, Engagement and Mentoring in STEM (all first year students are part of this community)
- LEAP: Life Science Early Awareness Program for science majors
- PEEC: Program for an Engineering Education Community for engineering majors
Find more information about joining a living learning community on the LMU Housing Application.