The field of computing, particularly the disciplines of computer science and software engineering, provides a rigorous foundation and preparation for careers in Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology, Medicine, Medical Imaging, (Web) Search, Data Mining, Information Retrieval, Online Music and Movie Distribution, Entertainment: Film, Television, Animation, Gaming, Mobile Devices and Applications, Security, Defense, Cyberwarfare, Aerospace, Business, Law, and Medicine. We enjoy working with collaborators both inside and outside of the university.
Collaborations within LMU
- With Business and Finance, we contribute courses to the B.S. degree in Applied Information Management Systems.
- With Biology, we run both a team-taught biological database class and a research project in genetic mapping.
- With Psychology, we run a team-taught seminar and course in Virtual Worlds and contribute to LMU’s Virtual University. A research project in identity mapping consists of faculty from both Computer Science and Psychology.
- With English, we have held team-taught courses in New Media.
- With Animation, we have run courses in Animation Pipeline Architectures, Scripting for 3-D Animation, and Game Design and Development. Many computer science majors minor in animation, and many animation majors minor in computer science.
- With Mechanical Engineering, we have participated in a variety of projects, often supplying expertise in modeling and visualization.
- The LMU Hyperloop Team has active participants from Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Engineering Physics, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship.
Collaborations with Industry