Admission Requirements for the Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics
Find out how to enrich your career in education with a Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics from Loyola Marymount University.
Students seeking admission to this program must have successfully completed an undergraduate program in mathematics or a closely related field.
The following stipulations apply:
- Applicants must have been an undergraduate mathematics major, mathematics minor, or had equivalent coursework in a closely related field.
- Candidates who completed an undergraduate degree in a closely related field may be required to take additional mathematics courses as part of the program.
Applicants to the Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics must submit the following documents:
- Graduate Admissions Application + $50 application fee
- Statement of intent
- Transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
- Letter of recommendation addressing the student's mathematical background and teaching experience, if any
Applicants for the Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics program are accepted on a rolling basis. Courses begin during the summer session.