Master of Science in Environmental Science Admission Requirements
All applicants must hold an undergraduate or higher-level degree and have completed the following courses:
- Calculus, at least one semester of college-level
- General Chemistry, at least one college-level course
- Life and physical science totaling at least four college-level courses, which could include biology, chemistry, environmental science or physics.
Applicants with a non-Bachelor of Science undergraduate or postgraduate degree may be considered if applicant has completed the above coursework prior to applying.
The department may require applicants who lack an adequate background in mathematics, chemistry, and/or science to take additional courses prior to being admitted into the program or continuing in the program. Additional admission requirements may be set by the department upon review of the applicant’s academic and professional preparation.
Applicants to the Master of Science in Environmental Science program must submit the following documents:
- A completed application form and $50 application fee
- Official Transcripts of all colleges and universities attended
- A letter of intent (approximately 1.5 pages) describing the candidate’s background, career goals, and interest in the program
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate’s ability to succeed in the graduate program based on previous academic and/or professional performance.
The GRE is not required for admission into the Environmental Science Master's Program.
International applicants should submit the items listed above plus the additional items required by LMU Graduate Admissions.
Deadlines and Application Cycles
Students can start the Environmental Science Master's Program in the fall, spring, or summer. The program has a rolling admissions process, which means that applications can be submitted at any time, and admission will be granted as the applications are processed. For candidates with U.S. citizenship, applications must be received no later than two weeks before the semester starts. For international candidates, applications must be received no later than one month before the term starts.