Master of Science in Environmental Science Admission Requirements
All applicants must hold an undergraduate or higher-level degree and have completed the following courses:
- Calculus, at least one semester of college-level
- General Chemistry, at least one college-level course
- Life and physical science totaling at least four college-level courses, which could include biology, chemistry, environmental science or physics.
Applicants with a non-Bachelor of Science undergraduate or postgraduate degree may be considered if applicant has completed the above coursework prior to applying.
The department may require applicants who lack an adequate background in mathematics, chemistry, and/or science to take additional courses prior to being admitted into the program or continuing in the program. Additional admission requirements may be set by the department upon review of the applicant’s academic and professional preparation.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Online Application and $50 Nonrefundable Application Fee
- Official Transcripts (one copy) of all colleges and universities attended
- A personal statement (1-2 pages) that explains how the Environmental Science Master’s Program fits into your career development
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate’s ability to succeed in the graduate program based on previous academic and/or professional performance
The GRE is not required for admission into the Environmental Science Master's Program.
International applicants should submit the items listed above plus the additional items required by LMU Graduate Admissions.
Deadlines and Application Cycles