Why Choose a Master's in Environmental Science at LMU?
The Master of Science in Environmental Science at Loyola Marymount University is designed for both full-time students and science and engineering professionals currently working in the field. Our program produces environmental scientists with the skills and knowledge to promote sustainability and protect, improve, and manage the environmental health of our planet.
Consider the benefits:
Focus on Sustainability:
- Sustainable approaches and solutions relevant to today’s world are embedded into the curriculum.
- The LMU Coastal Research Institute, a partnership with The Bay Foundation, provides students with applied research opportunities to investigate, solve, and implement solutions to today’s most vexing problems along the ocean’s coasts, where two-thirds of the world’s population lives.
- Our Southern California backdrop exposes students to the most advanced, current and sustainable modern solutions to environmental problems.
Flexibility & Personalization:
- Evening courses to accommodate working professionals.
- Fully interactive remote learning.
- Small class sizes.
- Significant facetime with faculty.
- Collegial, community-focused atmosphere.
- Program completed at one’s own pace – as fast as a single year.
- Customized study plans tailored towards professional goals.
- Option to perform a research-based master's thesis with a reduced course load.
- Students have the option to switch to Environmental Engineering or Water Resources Engineering by passing the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination and meeting the other program requirements.
- Modern and professionally relevant courses
- Courses taught by faculty distinguished both in academia and in industry
- Classes mixed with working professionals and students performing research towards a master's thesis.
- Council for Industry Partnerships for professional mentorship and job prospects.
- Enhanced career opportunities
- Shortened paths to management and leadership positions
- Increased salaries