Climate Change Solutions Certificate
The Climate Change Solutions certificate offers students an opportunity to learn the current knowledge on climate change impacts and opportunities for climate adaptation and mitigation, along with sustainable solutions. At the end of the certificate, the students will have learned:
- Scientific understanding of Climate Change and impacts on Natural Systems;
- Climate model projections and carbon accounting tools;
- Current and future climate change impacts on human and social systems;
- Vulnerability and Resilience Climate Adaptation and Mitigation; and
- Regional, National, and International Environmental and Climate Change Policies, Treaties, Convention, and Governance.
To obtain a certificate, students must complete the required courses with a 3.0 grade point average or better on a four-point scale. Upon completion of one or more certificates, the student may formally apply and enroll (pending acceptance) into the Master of Science programs in Civil Engineering or Environmental Science, and all courses completed toward the certificates will be applied towards the Master's degree.
- ENVS 684 Climate Change and Impacts 3 semester hours
- ENVS 686 Climate Change Mitigation 3 semester hours
- ENVS 687 Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience 3 semester hours
- B.S. or higher degree in any engineering discipline or consent of the program director
- A completed application form and $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Personal Statement discussing how the program fits into your career development.