The master's in Mechanical Engineering program delivers an educational experience that is rigorous, flexible and industry-relevant. Students enrolled in this program must complete the following:
- 27 semester hours (9 courses) from MECH 500 and 600 level courses
- A minimum of 12 semester hours at the 600 level
- Successful completion of Engineering Mathematics (MECH 504)
- A maximum of 1 elective course in another engineering department, taken with the consent of the Graduate Program Director.
- An overall program GPA of 3.0 or higher
Please note the following:
- A maximum of 4 courses (12 semester hours) may be taken in any given semester.
- The Thesis Option (MECH 686) may be chosen to satisfy up to 6 semester hours of elective course requirement
The Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program offers a Master of Science degree with both a thesis or non-thesis option. For students interested in pursuing a Master of Science thesis, please contact us to learn about thesis requirements.