Why choose a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering at LMU?
The master's in Mechanical Engineering at Loyola Marymount University is designed for both full-time students and industry professionals currently working in the field. Our rigorous program puts new engineers on the path to success and changes career trajectories for engineering professionals. Consider the benefits:
Industry-Relevant Professional Development:
- Program faculty apply strong industry backgrounds to coursework.
- Faculty are recognized experts in their field.
- Program cohorts are made up primarily of industry professionals, allowing for connections within the engineering field.
- Small class sizes offer valuable faculty mentorships for professional growth and career advancement.
- Students can complete the program in just 1.5 or 2 years (plus, a 1-year
degree option for the combined BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering).
- Fully interactive remote learning, flexible scheduling and evening classes accommodate the busy lives of working professionals.
- Thesis or non-thesis options are available, based on each student's individual learning goals.
- Program aligns with the Systems Engineering and Engineering Management Program for students driven to become workplace leaders of highly complex technical endeavors.
- Mechanical Engineering students may also take courses within LMU's Master of Business Administration program in order to deepen their understanding of business management within the engineering industry.
Download a PDF about our Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering Program