Master of Science in Civil Engineering Admission Requirements
All applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science degree or higher-level degree and have successfully completed the following courses:
- Calculus, at least one year of college-level
- General Chemistry, at least one college-level course
- Life and physical science totaling at least four college-level courses, which could include biology, chemistry, environmental science, or physics.
Applicants with a non-Bachelor of Science undergraduate or postgraduate degree may be considered if the applicant has completed the above coursework prior to applying.
The department may require applicants who lack an adequate background in mathematics, chemistry, and/or science to take additional courses prior to being admitted into the program or continuing in the program. Additional admission requirements may be set by the department upon review of the applicant's academic and professional preparation.
Applicants holding a non-engineering undergraduate or postgraduate degree may apply and enroll into one of the Civil Engineering program tracks but are not eligible for the Master of Science degree until passing the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and meeting all of the program requirements.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Online Application and $50 Nonrefundable Application Fee
- Official Transcripts (one copy) of all colleges and universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate's ability to succeed in the graduate program based on previous academic and/or professional performance
- A personal statement (1-2 pages) that explains how the Civil Engineering Master’s Program fits into your career development.
The GRE is not required for admission into the Civil Engineering Master's Program.
International applicants should submit the items listed above plus the additional items required by LMU Graduate Admissions.
Deadlines and Application Cycles
|PROGRAM||FALL||SPRING||SUMMER I||SUMMER II|
|Civil Engineering||Jul 1||Nov 1||Mar 1||Apr 1|