Why Choose a Master's in Civil Engineering at LMU?
The Master of Science in Civil Engineering at Loyola Marymount University is designed for both full-time students and science and engineering professionals currently working in the field. Our rigorous curriculum, focused on environmental engineering and water resources engineering, changes career trajectories for scientists and engineers working to create a more sustainable world.
Consider the benefits:
Focus on Sustainability
- Sustainable engineering approaches and solutions relevant to today’s world are embedded into the curriculum.
- The LMU Coastal Research Institute, a partnership with The Bay Foundation, provides students with applied research opportunities to investigate, solve, and implement solutions to today’s most vexing problems along the ocean’s coasts, where two-thirds of the world’s population lives.
- Our Southern California backdrop exposes students to the most advanced, current and sustainable modern solutions to environmental problems.
Flexibility & Personalization
- Evening courses to accommodate working professionals.
- Fully interactive remote learning.
- Small class sizes.
- Significant facetime with faculty.
- Collegial, community-focused atmosphere.
- Program completed at one’s own pace – as fast as a single year.
- Customized study plans tailored towards professional goals.
- Students with non‐engineering undergraduate degrees can earn a degree in Civil Engineering by passing the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination and meeting the other program requirements.
- Option to perform a research based master's thesis with a reduced course load.
- Modern and professionally relevant courses
- Sustainability embedded into the curriculum.
- Courses taught by faculty distinguished both in academia and the industry.
- Classes mixed with working professionals and students performing research towards a master's thesis.
- Council for Industry Partnerships for professional mentorship and job prospects.
- Enhanced career opportunities
- Shortened paths to management and leadership positions
- Increased salaries
"Loyola Marymount University's civil engineering program is one of the only programs offered in the LA area that allows you to work and pursue your degree at the same time."