Degree Requirements for a Master of Science in Healthcare Systems Engineering
The requirement for the MS in HSE is 30 semester hours (10 courses at three semester hours each).
- SYEG 510 Project Management 3 semester hours
- HSEG 535 Lean Healthcare 3 semester hours
- HSEG 605 Healthcare Systems Engineering 3 semester hours
- HSEG 625 Patient Safety and Quality Systems 3 semester hours
- HSEG 635 Advanced Lean Management of Healthcare 3 semester hours
- HSEG 665 Population Health and Big Data Analytics 3 semester hours
- HSEG 675 Healthcare Enterprise Informatics and Electronic Health Records 3 semester hours
- HSEG 695 Preparation for Capstone Project 0 semester hours
- HSEG 696 Project in Healthcare 3 semester hours
Two (2) courses to be selected from the following electives:
- HSEG 515 Healthcare Delivery Systems 3 semester hours (mandatory, if the student lacks healthcare background)
- HSEG 545 Healthcare Seminar 3 semester hours
- HSEG 655 Medical Devices and Integrated Systems 3 semester hours *
- SYEG 668 Systems Engineering Modeling and Analysis 3 semester hours
- HSEG 699 Independent Studies 1 TO 3 semester hours
* Note: In any given year, between two and four of these elective courses will be offered depending on the number of students and their interests.
- Students lacking healthcare work experience will need to include HSEG 515 Healthcare Delivery Systems as one elective.
- The Capstone Project, HSEG 696 Project in Healthcare, should be taken in the last Spring or Fall semester of the studies.
- HSEG 699 Independent Studies must be pre-approved by the Advisor.