Students earning a certificate in Sustainability will:
- Understand and apply the principles of sustainable engineering and development and the levels of green building practices; and
- Understand the principles in climate modeling, the factors affecting climate change, and the climate change impacts on California and the Western U.S. water supply.
To obtain a certificate, students must complete the required courses with a 3.0 grade point average or better on a four-point scale. Upon completion of one of more certificates, the student may formally apply and enroll (pending acceptance) into the Master of Science programs in Civil Engineering or Environmental Science, and all courses completed toward the certificates will be applied towards the Master's degree.
- CIVL 674 Sustainable Engineering 3 semester hours
- Two of the following:
- B.S. or higher degree in any engineering discipline or consent of the program director
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae and/or a one-paragraph professional biography